Tuesday 15 May 2012

Many thanks, Baha'u'llah

Many thanks, Baha'u'llah, for coming to earth and suffering your whole life so that you could 'download' from the Houri a message saying that God, who I can never know directly, has come to call me home. For decades, I thought I was listening. But I wasn't. I was listening to people around me and Baha'i administration types and such like, and getting caught up in human affairs at all levels. And for years, I got caught up in my own dramas, which I thought had substance, but didn't.

Finally, I actually began to listen to you. And I began to hear you say that you wanted me to forget the world and tune in to you, your word and melody. Then I started to hear the mysteries. Now I'm not very good at keeping focused on you, but I know where I need to keep my attention. And, dear Baha'u'llah, I am grateful beyond all that you took the pains, which have lead me to eternal joy and freedom from the heartaches all around. To think that God created it all just so humans might know. I say 'wow' to what you have willed me to know.

No comments:

Launching a new blog on my website

After about 18 months of umming and ahhing, I finally decided to go against the advice of the author community. That advice is to set up an ...