Monday 20 August 2007

Expulsion dream

When I was disenrolled from the Baha'i community in March 2000, I mentioned a few times that I had had a dream warning me that someone was watching me and that, one day, that person or thing would 'kill' me. There was so much heat over my expulsion that I didn't make much of the dream at the time. The day after I had the dream, however, I reported about it on Talisman because I knew it was significant. That was 13 September 1998, about 18 months before my expulsion.

This morning, I thought I'd dig into my archives and find that Talisman message and post it here. It was kind of Baha'u'llah to let me know in advance that there were eyes watching me and that, one day, once invisible beings would suddenly materialise to strangle the breath out of me.

Date: Sun, 13 Sep 1998 13:01:44 +1200
To: talisman@umich.edu
Subject: dreamin'

X said: "What do they need to know: Baha'u'llah is the Promised One, Abdu'l-Baha is the Centre of His Covenant, the Universal House of Justice is the God-guided world embracing administrative institution directing our efforts. Pray, fight your own spiritual battles, and give to the fund. Go study."

Well, X, IMV, they need to know a darn sight more than that. This tired old formula won't keep 'em. It sure wasn't going to keep me. They need to know that everything that they are, or can be, or yearn for, or dream about, or love is a divinely-inspired path that the world desperately needs them to walk.

X asked: "So can we dream the invisible Divine Unity into the visible - that is the Question?" I say, yes we can, and what we need is more people dreaming. Our dreams have power; that's what I hear Baha'u'llah saying. I'm gonna dream what others are too fearful to dream. I want women on the House; I want the Faith broken free of its administrative shackles; I want a Faith that is empowered by Beauty.

Last night I dreamed that 'Abdu'l-Baha was lying on a bed - he was very ill, or dead or asleep, whatever, but he was not physically active in this world. I had to move his things and was in the process of doing this, putting them outside on the footpath/sidewalk. I picked up one item that I knew contained something Precious and took it outside. I knew that I was being watched, and that someone did not like me looking after and protecting this Precious-container. I wondered where I should put it down, knowing that I was holding a hot potato. Eventually, I put it down in a way that I thought would make it unnoticable amongst other items. I also didn't want it stolen. I put it down, turned around and began to walk back to get more things from inside, when someone came up to me and accused me of trying to steal this Precious-container. I felt unjustly accused. I was trying to help, and was being protective of it. My actions were deliberately misinterpreted. The person who accused me was large and male and I knew he had no heart. He wanted to possess me, but knew he had lost control of me when he saw how lovingly I cared for the Precious-container. Before I had a chance to profess my innocence, he put his arm around my throat and I woke up.

Alison

Launching a new blog on my website

After about 18 months of umming and ahhing, I finally decided to go against the advice of the author community. That advice is to set up an ...